Thursday 8 September 2011

Things 15 & 16

This will be brief I fear as I have little experience of either of these 'Things' to share, although I recognise the benefits of both on a personal professional level, and in the case of advocacy, for the profession as a whole. I haven't had an opportunity to attend conferences as yet, and have certainly had no desire to speak at one, but I think that perhaps in the future, as my current job role develops attending such events would be of great value. I'm passionate about the role of Libraries socially and educationally so must therefore be a sub-concious advocate of them; I will do all that I can to change people's perceptions of the quiet, fusty environment of the stereotypical Library...and sadly of the typical Library worker!

No comments:

Post a Comment