Wednesday 21 September 2011

Thing 19

I know I have to be reflective for this particular post and I have to say that I think that this time I'm going to find it a bit easier than at the beginning! I've really learnt a lot so far and as the weeks have gone by have managed to keep up quite well, which I never thought I would. On a personal level I've realised the social benefits of Twitter, but not really considered it's use for work, whereas being introduced to Dropbox and Jing have definitely given me food for thought where these tools are concerned in the Library setting. My role at work is due to change shortly and I may well need to start being more concerned about Library promotion (and my own!) so all that I have learnt on this programme will be incredibly valuable I'm sure. I would have liked to have more time to explore the Blogs of  others on cpd23 and although I could look back on them in the future, it seems to me that the value of this programme is in it's immediacy. Sometimes I feel that I haven't given the "Things" enough time to fully realise their potential, but I do think that this has been a valuable opportunity for me to be made aware, and briefly explore, tools I haven't yet had a need for but may well do in the future. Probably the most valuable thing for me overall is this Blog (as a record of what I have looked at) and the process of writing about the "Things" (as a means to learn to be reflective).

No comments:

Post a Comment