Wednesday 14 September 2011

Thing 18

I've not tried Jing before, but have done some online learning for my own cpd which has obviously used similar tools. I wondered how it was done...and now I know! I really like how simple it is to use and can see lots of opportunities to create simple tutorials for users of the catalogue particularly to help with searching and remote book renewal. I've shown what it can do to my colleagues who can also see it could be useful, but I think we might have to draw straws for who gets to do the voice overs!
Not sure about podcasts. I, like others who've written about them, wonder if perhaps they aren't used as much as they were and I'm not sure that in our Library setting they would be particularly relevant, so I'm not going to investigate them any further at the moment I'm afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment