Thursday 1 September 2011

Thing 14

I've opened a Zotero account and had a look at what it's capable of (which is awesome) but at the moment, as I'm not studying for anything specifically, I think it's use for me is limited. It's quite difficult to trial and get the best out of a tool like this if you haven't got a piece of work to apply it to. Only being able to use it with Firefox might be a disadvantage for some too. However, what I will be doing is making our users more aware of these types of applications as we have more angst ridden students desperate to sort out their referencing than anything else at times. I'm not sure if they're made aware of these tools by the Universities, or if they're just told at the beginning of their course when they're facing information overload! It would certainly relieve a lot of heartache at a later date if they were...

No comments:

Post a Comment